Samstag, 16. Mai 2015

14. Jan. 2015 - Kerio View

Starting time is very nice and I immediately try to get as soon and as fast as possible to the north. This works out pretty good up to km60N. There, where the most eastern parts of the highlands end I make the mistake to cross this corner on the valley side, which brings me down in a deep gully with virgin forest all around. I luckily find a corner in there, where a thermal starts and in the same moment Leone is passing me high above on a more westerly innemountain line. But as he knows the territory from former years and I am able to dig myself out, I can watch his line now perfectly from my new climbed balcony. I do not follow him to the very end, but stay in save altitude and as soon as I have seen his turnpoint, I turn also and start my way back to the south. Also in this direction the day proves to be one of the best so far. Altitudes of 3500 a.s.l. can be achieved on certain places in the north, the central and the south. So I take the advantage of one of those and cross to the kmS50 turnpoint, but before the very end there my courage leaves me as I see about 70 kmh on my instruments and I want to close this triangle and not fail on my way back against the northeasterly winds. The triangle at the end is my personal best so far, but looking back, I could have enlarged it to the north as well as the the south for some kms …

 

 

 

 





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen